The New Options Waiver (NOW) and the Comprehensive Supports Waiver Program (COMP)
The New Options Waiver (NOW) and the Comprehensive Supports Waiver Program (COMP) of Georgia aims to help people with an intellectual and/or developmental disability by providing health care and nursing services in their own homes or communities. Providing these services in a community-based setting helps eligible individuals avoid being placed in the hospital or a nursing facility. Most importantly, the program aides these individuals in having a life as close to normal by living in and being taken care of in a familiar and compassionate environment.
Faith Medical Services is an approved provider by the State of Georgia. Thus, we offer in-home health care and nursing services to individuals who qualify for the NOW/COMP Waiver Program at no additional cost. Our skilled nurses will provide home health care assistance, and we are reimbursed directly by the State of Georgia.
Am I eligible for the NOW and COMP Waiver Program?
If one of your loved ones is struggling with an intellectual or developmental disability, they may be eligible for the NOW and COMP Waiver Program and receive home- or community-based nursing and health care services funded by the State of Georgia.
The NOW and COMP Waiver Program has specific qualifications that applicants must meet in order to qualify:
- Must be fully-covered by Medicaid
- Must be diagnosed with an intellectual disability or a closely related medical condition (such as other neurological problems, epilepsy or autism)
- Home and community-based services are an appropriate alternative for the individual
- Is currently receiving OR is most likely to receive State-Funded care from an Intermediate Care Facility, in the absence of home- and community-based services that are an appropriate alternative.
How does the NOW and COMP Waiver Program help?
The program’s primary purpose is to help people with an intellectual or developmental disability live and be taken care of in a familiar environment rather than be placed in a hospital or nursing facility. It allows participants to receive health care services in their own home or family home and continue to be part of their community.
The benefits of the program for those who qualify include:
- Avoiding the need for more intensive services
- Avoiding institutional placement
- Gaining more independence and better quality of life thanks to living in a familiar environment
- Better flexibility of service planning and receiving services that meet the exact individual needs
- Getting the necessary health care and nursing services at no cost
Contact Faith Medical Services
At Faith Medical Services, we understand how challenging it can be for families to care for a loved one with an intellectual or developmental disability. Our quality home health care and nursing services are approved by the state and only a phone call away.
If one of your loved ones has qualified for the NOW and COMP Waiver Programs and needs health care and/or nursing services in their home, please do not hesitate to contact us!
Faith Medical Services IDD Program
(770) 907-7226 ext 406