Independent Care Waiver Program
The Independent Care Waiver Program has been designed to support adults with physical disabilities by providing them with nursing services in their own homes. The purpose of the program is to help those individuals continue to live and recover in the comfort of their own homes and community instead of a hospital or nursing home.
Faith Medical Services is a Georgia-approved participating provider of home care and nursing services to those adults who are eligible to receive ICWP. Thus, patients who qualify to receive ICWP can receive nursing and home care services at no cost from our skilled nurses because we will be reimbursed directly by the State of Georgia.
The ICWP operated under a Home and Community-Based Waiver, granted by the Centers for Medicare and Medicaid Services.
Am I eligible for Georgia ICWP?
The program has a few criteria that a patient must meet to be considered eligible. If you live in Georgia, you’ll be considered eligible to receive ICWP if you meet the following criteria:
- You are 21-64 years of age
- Have a severe physical disability and/or traumatic brain injury
- You can manage our services (individuals with traumatic brain injury don’t have to meet this one)
- You are in a stable health condition but at risk of being placed in a hospital or nursing facility because your community lacks support services
- You are medically able to be safely looked after in a home or community setting.
- Other factors that matter when deciding whether or not you are eligible for Georgia ICWP include:
- Current residence (hospital or nursing facility)
- How long have you been on the waiting list?
- The ability of independent living
- Estimated costs of care
How can ICWP help me?
If you or one of your loved ones have a severe physical disability or traumatic brain injury, you need proper care to have a life close to normal. However, care and nursing services imply that a licensed nurse must take care of you in an appropriate setting. Yet, hospital or nursing facility settings aren’t considered to be the best environment for recovery.
Receiving ICWP can help you get health care and nursing services in the comfort of your own home or community. You will be able to get assistance for your disability in a compassionate and familiar environment, which will help you have a life closer to normal.
Besides that, ICWP will help you receive the care you need when you can’t afford it. The program ensures access to all health care and nursing services that suit your medical condition.
Under the ICWP the following services are provided:
- Homemaker Services
- Personal care
- Companion services
- Skilled nursing
- Emergency response system
- Occupational therapy
- Specialized medical equipment and supplies
- Home modifications
Contact Faith Medical Services
At Faith Medical Services, we understand that looking after a loved one with needs can be challenging. Thus, we’re here to help you provide your sick loved one with the care they need.
If your loved one is eligible for ICWP and needs home care and nursing services at home, please don’t hesitate to contact us at (770) 907-7226!